CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Seizure Update

Drew was seizure-free on Saturday, but Sunday morning, he had another one. The drooling and slurred speech lasted a lot longer. He kept saying, "Help me. Help me." It about killed me. There was very little I could do to help him. I called Children's Medical Center and had the neurologist paged. She called me back. She went in on Sunday morning to look at his EEG. She called me back and said his EEG didn't show much, but he was obviously having seizures, so she called in a prescription for Topamax. He had another seizure in the afternoon, but that was the last one so far. He is still sleeping this morning, so I have no idea what is in store for us today. And that's the update.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is soo heart wrenching when they plead for help. I heard a lot of people say positive stuff about Topamax. Good luck and we'll keep praying for him to be seizure free.