CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vacation Bible School

Yesterday, my sister Kelly mentioned that this is VBS week at her church. She is the office manager there, and said I should bring my boys. I said I'd think about it. I was being lazy yesterday, so we just stayed home. This morning, I decided I should try sending Blake. I was not comfortable sending Drew, since his seizures are not yet under control, and his anxiety level is extremely high.

I explained to Drew that Blake was going to VBS, and Drew would be staying with Mommy. He repeated, "I stay with Mommy." So, we went in, and I signed the emergency contact papers, stuck my head in the office to drop off Blake's backpack with Pull-Ups, and we headed to the sanctuary, where they begin their day. My friend Eileen is the Children's Pastor and is in charge of VBS. She was tickled that I brought Blake, and assured me he'd be ok. I reluctantly gave him up to a high school aged girl, who immediately exclaimed over his cuteness. That helped me a little. :) My sister assured me she'd check on him throughout the morning and give me cellphone updates.

Drew and I went to Wal-Mart, McDonalds, my friend Jodie's house, and we ended up at Grandma's house. We hung out with her for awhile and headed back to pick up Blake. We got there just as they were heading into the sanctuary. (they begin and end the day with singing) Drew was scared with all the commotion and noise, so I retrieved Blake and we slipped out. He was excited to see me, but seemed like he had fun. The high school girl told me he was great. So, I guess we'll do it again tomorrow.

0 comments: