CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For Jodie

I was talking to my friend Jodie on the phone yesterday and I mentioned that I was making a rhubarb pie. She said, "You're always making goodies!" and asked me if I was going to post a picture of it on my blog. lol. I figure it's been awhile since I posted a recipe, so here you go. Oh! I did post a pic of my poundcake and strawberries the other day, but no recipe. Anyway, here it is:



If you've never tried rhubarb, you should start with this recipe. It is pretty sweet. Some rhubarb recipes are more tart. I love those, too. This recipe is just extremely quick to make.

I should say that my mother in law is renowned for her pie crust. I have attempted to make my own pie crust on many occasions, and it has almost always ended in dismal (at best) results. So, I normally buy ready-made pie crust. (Ok, who am I kidding? I am also a bit lazy)

This is my Grandma Hierholzer's recipe:

Cream Filling Rhubarb Pie

1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup rhubarb

Combine all ingredients except rhubarb. Add rhubarb and stir. Pour into pie crust. Bake 56-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Done when knife comes out (almost) clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!!!!! And may I add, looks very pretty, but oh so nasty! :-)

Kristiem10 said...

lol!