CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A walking bruise

That is what Blake is at times. He is so adventurous, but not always so coordinated. This causes a number of tumbles. This afternoon he climbed on the overturned laundry basket. He climbed on it for some purpose, not sure what, but apparently he fell off and landed on his face. I was folding laundry in the living room when I heard his screams coming from the toyroom. I ran to see what happened, and I picked him up. I looked at his face and saw no blood, that is always a good sign. He pressed his face into my shoulder for a couple minutes and I held him. He looked up at me and had blood coming out of one nostril. And I had blood on my shoulder. So much for "no blood". I held a cold washcloth on his nose and he fought me the whole time. He kicked me in the nose. I thought I was going to have a bloody nose to match his, but thankfully, no blood from me.

He always falls off things. You'd think the child would learn it best to not climb to high places and precarious perches, but there is that adventure thing to consider.

I guess I have seen him crash and asked him if he was ok enough times that now he will be playing on his own, and all of a sudden, he'll say, "Mommy, I'm ok." and I may not have known he even fell down.

I'm afraid the poor fella is going to have a blue nose tomorrow.

*edited to update* He is looking good. No bruised nose.

1 comments:

Mark said...

Glad to see he is o.k.