CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

What's that good smell?

So, yesterday afternoon, I got the big idea to make meatballs. Sounded good. I was working on them and was thinking how nice it smelled in the house with all the windows open. Fresh, you know? Well, next thing I knew, Blake ran through the kitchen butt naked. He ran for a new Pull Up. I was busy, so I didn't think much of it. After a few minutes, I went to go pick up Blake's wet Pull Up.

Well, the nice smell I noticed wasn't the outdoors, but the new bottle of Ahava hand lotion I got yesterday squirted all over the carpet and over my children. Drew only actually had a big blob smeared on his back, so I knew my culprit. I found the Pull Up, which was not wet, but covered in lotion. I just turned off the television, and told Blake he had to get in the bath. I wiped Drew's back with a paper towel, put Drake and Josh on for him and put him in the living room.

I made Blake get in the tub, and went to get the carpet shampooer. Since I've never actually used it myself, I had to look at the instruction book to see what I was doing. I heard Blake splashing away. Drew was fine. I got the shampooer going and worked on it for a few minutes. It started looking better, and I thought I should check on Blake. I went in the bathroom and he was in a tub FILLED with bubbles. He had emptied a full bottle of shampoo into the bathwater. So, I drained the tub and made him stand under the shower to rinse off. He didn't like it much, but I wasn't too sympathetic. Then I put him in timeout and cleaned up the rest of the mess.

After that, I had to clean up the kitchen and finish supper, since I had been in the middle of doing that when the disaster broke out. Then I gave Drew a bath for good measure. When Eric got him, the house looked perfect. He looked at me and said, "You look hot!" lol. I thanked him even though he was referring to my sweat, not my sexiness.

6 comments:

Paula said...

What a day you had. I hope you enjoyed the meatballs that you were so hungry for. You deserved them after all that happened. It must of been the day, a lot of crazy things happen at work too.
Paula

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very fun day! And I bet Eric meant sexy too! :-)

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

That Blake is getting to be a REAL handful. He must get that from his Godmother Annette.

Jen said...

Bet your house looked and smelled really clean (even if it wasn't the method you were planning on taking to achieve that) :)

fragilemom said...

Oh the joys!