CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Kidneys

Eric's dad has been on kidney dialysis, and has been on a list for a kidney transplant for maybe six months. On Wednesday night, he got a kidney. It was a five and a half hour surgery. Eric's brother Mark posted an update on him at his BLOG. I am going to cut and paste it here:

Dad is in ICU at Miami Valley Hospital. We were told that his new kidney may take a few days before it starts working. Surprisingly, it began working this morning. Thank you GOD for this blessing. Of course, Dad is very tired and he is still feeling the withdrawal of the surgery drugs. He is also on morphine for pain. They made him sit in a lounge chair today for about 45 minutes to keep him moving, so not to get any blood clogs in his legs. He sent Mother and I home about 6:00 pm because he said he wanted to sleep. Which the drugs are keeping him relaxed. Thank you for all your prayers. I will post more news as he recovers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! I hope all continues to go well. Let me know if there is anything I can do besides prayers!