CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend in Review

Ok, so I don't think we did anything Friday. If we did, my brain has not retained the information. Oh! I know. Drew got a green card on Friday! Woo-hoo! That is the highlight of Friday, and a good one.

Saturday night, my niece Ashley watched the boys while Eric and I went to a fundraiser at Drew's school. It is a formal affair called Evening Under the Tent. It was so cold in the tent when we got there. I admit we did get there kind of early. Eventually, they turned on heaters that blew hot air at ground level. Our table was positioned well, so we warmed up pretty well. I did keep my sweater on for the most part. They had a silent auction and a live auction. Thre were hors d'oeuvres, and a three station buffet, where they had beef tenderloin, baked chicken and crab cakes. I may be missing something, but if so, it was seafood, which I don't eat, and wasn't paying much attention to the seafood table.

My cousin Annie and my sister Kelly


Steve and Michelle, a couple whose daughter attends the school


Our auction paddle and several half-consumed glasses of Amaretto Sour.


Kelly and me



And Kelly was telling people that I always post bad pictures of others, and good pictures of me (not true!) here is a lovely I took of myself after a few of aforementioned amaretto sours.



Sunday we went to the Oktoberfest parade in Minster. Blake was unhappy, and fell asleep on me for the majority of the parade, and Drew stood behind our chairs flapping and talking to an elderly lady who didn't particularly want to chat with him. We had planned to go to the picnic to listen to the German band and do the chicken dance with the boys, but they both were getting agitated, so we went to McDonalds and home instead. I brought my camera with me to the parade, or so I thought. But actually, I left it in the van. So no pics of that. Sorry. :)

3 comments:

theotherlion said...

mmmmm....amaretto sours....can't wait till we can drink them together again!

Anonymous said...

you still look hot after the sours ;-)

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great weekend.. I can;t wait until I am done breast feeding, and can have one of those sours... Just a night out might be nice...