CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dentist

We took the boys to the dentist yesterday. Eric took off work at noon and picked Blake up from the sitter. I had to work until two. Drew's aide dropped him off at 1:30. Their appointment wasn't until three, but it was in Dayton at Children's Medical Center, and Eric wanted plenty of time to get there. They left without me, and when I got off work I changed my clothes and followed.

They had just taken them back when I arrived. I joined them in an exam room to find Blake sitting with his lip down, and tears in his eyes. They were trying to get Drew to open his mouth. Eric suggested maybe I could take Blake in the hallway. No problemo. I was more than happy to do it. We stayed in the hall, and Blake sat on my lap with his head on my shoulder. We heard lots of laughter and lots of "Say Ahhhh"s. After about 15 minutes, they emerged, and it was Blake's turn. He was not happy about it at all. I held him on my lap, and the doctor tried to get a look. We figured he thought they were going to mess with his ears, something he hates terribly. So he had to cry for awhile. They didn't get much done other than looking at things. She said his gums were a little red, but it could be from him having his fingers in his mouth a lot or his wild teeth-brushing. Neither had cavities that she could see.

Overall, the boys did very well and we treated them on the way home with supper at Wendys.

0 comments: