CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday

Today, Drew has a two-hour school delay. We had heavy fog. The fog is not so bad now, but it is nice having a relaxing morning. Hopefully, it won't throw Drew off too much. He had a bad day yesterday. He got a red card at school. That means three card changes. And honestly, his behavior didn't get a whole lot better at home. He had a haircut with Blake and Eric in the evening, and he did ok for that, but getting him into the car to go was a hassle. And when he came home, he had a mini-meltdown. He is in a good mood today so far, so hopefully it will go smoother for him.

So, Blake hurt himself again. Poor kid is always getting injured. On Tuesday afternoon, he went on our back porch. It's an old patio enclosure from the eighties, with a lock on the door. So, I usually let him play out there for awhile without worrying about him too much. He was out there five minutes or so when he started crying. I ran out to see what the problem was, but I wasn't able to see what actually happened. His forehead had a big goose egg on it and was instantly bruised. And his nose was bleeding. But just on the outside. I first thought it was coming from his nostrils, but the outside was scraped up pretty bad, and I soon dicovered it wasn't an actual nosebleed. I put a cold rag on his forehead and I rocked him to try to calm him. He HATED! it. He really, really hated the peroxide I put on his scrapes. But he is pretty tough, and recovered in about 20 minutes or so. This is what he looks like today:


Oh! Guess what? (the people in my immediate vicinity have already heard me talk about this) I am training for a 5k run! A few weeks ago, I told Eric I was tired of being tired all the time. I know that exercise is good for you, and for some reason, I got the idea to try the Couch to 5k running program from CoolRunning.com I am on week 3. The first two weeks were not too hard. This week has been rough. I did a whole lot better last night than on Monday, so that is good. You can download weekly podcasts, and you are told when to run and when to walk. My sister clocked my route last night and the total distance I ran/walked was 2 miles. Yay me! I am hoping to do my first 5K on the Fourth of July. Eric is going to run with me. Well, we'll be at the starting line together, anyway. lol.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! I'm trying to find some sort of motivation to get me moving more.
Hey, we had a lot of fog this morning too (I wonder if it spread from our house to yours :), but we didn't get a delay... ):

Joanie said...

So, you inspired me, I printed out the schedule from Cool Runnings, and started this week, completing my third workout this morning. I don't think I'll be ready to move on next week, though, I still was struggling..I am much older and fatter than you are! Anyway, I hope I can make it through the schedule....thanks for the inspiration. I read your blog lots, but haven't commented before...you truly are an inspiration.