CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Crash Hot Potatoes


You have to try these little wonders. They are simple to make, have a funny name, and are not really attractive, but man! they taste so good!

I got the recipe from Pioneer Woman's blog. LINK

I changed the way I make them a bit from how she does it. Instead of boiling potatoes, I put them in an airtight container and microwave them for ten minutes. Then, drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet. Place potatoes on sheet and smush them with a potato masher. You don't want to make mashed potatoes here, so go easy. A couple smushes ought to do it. Brush with more olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, ground black pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes or so. I usually dip mine in ranch dressing as I eat them. But, I think everything is good in ranch dressing. If you try Crash Hot Potatoes, let me know how you like 'em.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny that the ugliest stuff tastes the best :)