CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I did it


Well, Blake was supposed to have his stitches removed yesterday. I was dreading it and playing with the idea of removing them myself. A very nice woman I know (Hi Pam!) offered to help me, since she removes all her kids' stitches at home. She even gave me her stitch removal kit to use.

I told her I'd give it a try myself, and if I needed reinforcements, I'd let her know. Eric was not thrilled with the idea and thought I should take him to the doctor. I was more than willing to comply with Blake going to the doctor--if Eric was the one to take him. :)

So, yesterday afternoon, I caught him and made him lay down on the floor under a lamp, so I could see what I was doing. I straddled him and held his head still with my knees. He didn't like it, but it only took less than a minute total. I let him up and put Neosporin on it. He was rewarded with chocolate. lol.


Looking pretty good!

Thanks again, Pam for loaning me your kit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome!! And chocolate is the way to go :)

theotherlion said...

Nice! And he's probably much less traumatized since you did it and not some weirdo in a white coat.