CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Mundane Monday

We have 34 days of summer left. That is, until Blake starts kindergarten. I am not sure the date that Drew's school starts again, maybe sooner.

My cable internet has been sporatic lately, so I haven't been posting much. We have Time Warner coming tomorrow afternoon between the hours of 1-5pm.

That's better than the plumber who's coming to check our sewer line. He said he'd either come on Monday or Wednesday sometime. Yuck. I hate waiting around for people. I am hoping the plumber comes this morning so I don't have to think about it.

I've been on a reading kick here lately. I get attached to a certain author and read all the books I can find by them. Currently, I'm reading Francine Rivers. I've read:

Redeeming Love

The Atonement Child
The Last Sin Eater
And the Shofar Blew


And her novellas:
The Priest, about the life of Aaron, Moses' brother
Unafraid, which is about Mary, mother of Jesus
Unshaken, a story of Ruth and Boaz
Unveiled,a atory about Tamar
Unashamed, a story of Rahab and the destruction of Jericho

I am currently reading All the Tea in China, which is a Christian historical romance by Jane Orcutt. It is not bad, but my favorite on the list was The Atonement Child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are keeping your self busy. I hope that everything goes well.
Jessica

Punkin's Oma said...

Francine Rivers is one of my favs. I just finished her Mark of the Lion series. It is a series of 3 books set in Rome and Ephesus right after the resurrection. I learned so much. Gruesome in parts; romance throughout.