CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's that time of year again

Today is the first day of Thanksgiving break. I decided to break out Polar Express for them to watch. This is a thrill for them, as they both love the movie. It resulted in a flurry of looking for the right props. You mean you didn't know you had to have certain props to watch a good movie? Well, it's not Rocky Horror Picture Show, but here you go:

We have a makeshift lantern, tickets, ticket punch and of course, a bell.
Here's a scene with the real ticket. The lanternThe bell

They started watching it with all their props, and Blake came running in the kitchen with a new one: which corresponds with this scene:
They are both thrilled and have been watching the movie nonstop. I am sure by the time Christmas is over, we'll have seen Polar Express countless times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I didn't know they had props for the movies!

Anonymous said...

That was me--Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

I think the movie is great too.
Jessica

theotherlion said...

That's awesome. The tray reminds me of Punkin after he started watching Ratatouille. He would carry ALL his plates -- even ones filled with real food--like a waiter.

We'll be rotating between Polar Express, Elmo Christmas, and Mickey Mouse Christmas. And by rotating I mean each will get 2 weeks of play time.

Anonymous said...

I DO have the gold tickets...some part of a promo that my sister got when she bought the movie a few years ago. They even have a punch hole in them...do you want them? My boys don't play with them anymore...email me at holly.lynn@live.com your mailing address if you want...
(Peggy E. from News from Lake E...)