CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I do try

to avoid transition problems, but sometimes they can't be avoided. Like today, for instance. I was waiting for the boys to be dropped off. I got their favorite snacks ready, their favorite channel on the television, drinks, etc. But apparently Blake didn't want to get in the car today, and that upset him. He started crying and ran into the house, slamming the door behind him. Unfortunately, something I didn't think about was the fact that the door was locked. Drew was just getting ready to go in, and couldn't. I had to open our garage with the keyless entry and go in the house that way. I let Drew in the front door, but of course, he was bawling on the porch. I got him in, helped them out of their clothes, as they were both standing there crying, pants pulled down and shoes on. After about ten minutes of holding Blake and comforting Drew, things settled down. It was a good reminder that I am not totally in control of any situation.

1 comments:

1 Special Family said...

I have decided that it is easier to believe that I am never in control! That way when something does go smoothly, I can take credit and pretend that I actuallly DID think of everything !!! And that really doesn't happen very often!