CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

All is quiet

I am the only one awake in my house. The boys have been in bed for an hour, and Eric went to bed fifteen minutes ago. He has a maintenance to do later for work and has to get up at 1 am to do it.

I am just enjoying the solitude and eating some butterscotch pudding I made.

Drew and Blake have runny noses. I gave them Benadryl before bed and that helped them go to sleep as well.

I have been listening to sermons online today. I listened to a Jon Courson sermon, one by Steve Hadley and one from John MacArthur. I drive Eric a little nuts when I do that though, because I can't always hear him well when he talks to me, and I also answer questions and finish bible verses aloud while listening to the pastor. I usually play Bejeweled Blitz online while I listen. I like having something I can do while listening that isn't too big of a distraction.

My mom and dad made it home from their vacation today. I was glad they had a safe trip. The did suffer from seasickness the first day they were on the ship. Drew was asking me tonight when he can see Grandma and Grandpa. I told him soon. Like hopefully tomorrow. At least for a quick visit. It's probably been two weeks since they saw them last. That's a long time for them.

Remember that root canal I had done a couple weeks ago? Well, I went in for a cleaning and exam before I get my crown, and lo and behold, I have another cracked tooth. My dentist has a little camera that he can put in my mouth and I can watch on his television what he's looking at. You could see a great big crack on the tooth next to the one I just broke. So, I have to get that one crowned as well. At least that one won't require a root canal first. Still not looking forward to it. Darn teeth grinding!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

John MacArthur & Pretrib Rapture

Who knows, maybe John (Reformedispy) MacArthur is right and the greatest Greek scholars (Google "Famous Rapture Watchers"), who uniformly said that Rev. 3:10 means PRESERVATION THROUGH, were wrong. But John has a conflict. On the one hand, since he knows that all Christian theology and organized churches before 1830 believed the church would be on earth during the tribulation, he would like to be seen as one who stands with the great Reformers. On the other hand, if John has a warehouse of unsold pretrib rapture material, and if he wants to have "security" for his retirement years and hopes that the big California quake won't louse up his plans, he has a decided conflict of interest. Maybe the Lord will have to help strip off the layers of his seared conscience which have grown for years in order to please his parents and his supporters - who knows? One thing is for sure: pretrib is truly a house of cards and is so fragile that if a person removes just one card from the TOP of the pile, the whole thing can collapse. Which is why pretrib teachers don't dare to even suggest they could be wrong on even one little subpoint! Don't you feel sorry for the straitjacket they are in? While you're mulling all this over, Google "Pretrib Rapture Dishonesty" for a rare behind-the-scenes look at the same 180-year-old fantasy.

Clara