CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

End of a long week!

Monday-I had an eye doctor appointment.  My kids went with my mom to McDonalds and she brought them back to Eric when they were done.  I went to Sears with my sister to get Blake a shirt for school pictures.   When I got home, Eric had the boys in bed already.  He said Drew felt hot.  I checked on him, and he did feel feverish. 

Tuesday-Drew woke up and was still hot. Awhile back, Blake dropped and broke our temporal thermometer, so all we had was an old digital thermometer.  I had to hold the thermometer under his arm, which he hated!  The darn thing beeped every time it went up a notch.  He kept saying, "I'm done!" every time it beeped.  Eventually, it was finished and he had 100.9 under the arm.  So I added the degree and of course decided that school was out for the day.  I told him he was staying home because he was sick.  He said, "I'm sick?"  He really didn't act that sick, but did lay on the couch with a blanket a lot.  But that's not that different from his normal habit.  By evening, he seemed ok and didn't have a fever.

Wednesday-Went to school and didn't have any issues. 

Thursday- Drew's aide told me during lunch that he felt a little warm and had been coughing a lot.  He hadn't coughed at all on Tuesday or Wednesday and not at all on Thursday morning, either.  But it hit after he got to school.  I went out to see him, and he did feel a bit warm.  Nothing terrible.  I went and got some Tylenol for him.  His aide said the rest of the afternoon went okay.  Thursday evening, he started to feel warm and we noticed him coughing more. 

Friday- School picture day.  I wasn't sure whether to send Drew to school or not.  I hated to miss picture day, but then Drew doesn't really do well with pictures, either.  I sent him, then decided to call the doctor to see if I could get an afternoon appointment.  They were busy, but said if I could get Drew there at 8:50, he could be seen.  This was at 8:00.  I got myself dressed for work then went to school to get Drew.  He was getting ready to have his picture taken.  Blake was actually getting his done when I got there.  When it was Drew's turn, he would not cooperate for his aide.  I tried to help, but it was not going to happen.  I told her that I was going to take Drew to the doctor for his cough, but would probably be bringing him back afterward.

We got there by 8:50.  They called us back right away, but I think we had to wait about 30-40 minnutes to be seen.  Drew wanted to leave.  He said, "I'm out of here."  The nurse said if he wanted to open the exam door and walk around he could.  He ended up opening and closing the door and asking, "Where's the doctor?"  six hundred times.  Eventually, the doctor came and examined Drew.  Drew wouldn't open his mouth for the doc to see his throat, but he said that Drew had bronchitis anyway and prescribed Zithromax.  We got back to town in time for me to get to work.  I dropped Drew off at his classroom.

He got through the day and even got a 100 on his spelling test.  He wasn't extremely productive, but he made it.  I probably should have kept him home the rest of the day, in retrospect.  He acted pretty good when he got home.  Eric brought his Zithromax with him. 

I had rehearsal for my niece's wedding, and Eric and his brothers took the boys to Geman Heritage Days in town.  I guess about an hour after they got there, Drew started crying and not feeling good.  My mom was with them and took him back to her house.  Fever was back. 

Saturday-My niece's wedding!  The boys were staying home with my cousin Annie.  Drew was happy with her coming.  Blake didn't seem to be upset about us leaving, either.  I called her around seven in the evening, and she said things were going well.  When we got home around midnight, she said that Drew went to bed around 8:30 and didn't seem to be feeling the greatest at that time. 

Sunday-Dose #3 iof Zithromax seems to be doing the trick.  Drew is MUCH better.  We went to my mom and dad's house this morning and left the boys with them while we went to church.  After that, we went home.  Drew and I took a nap, and Eric and Blake hung out.  We went to Eric's parents' house in the afternoon and spent some time with his parents and brothers, Mark and Chris.  Mark lives in Dayton and we don't see him as often as we'd like and Chris lives in Vegas and we only get to see him a couple times a year.  Drew was playful and talked a lot more.  He was just happier in general.

Hoping next week is filled with healthy kid antics instead of sickness.  :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Something is going around. Hope your household stays healthy.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Drew and Blake's Uncle Chris, that CRAZY uncle?? :)