CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cousins

I watched my sister's kids yesterday and today.  They also have Fragile X.  Blake adores his cousin Kyle.  One of Kyle's obsessions is bike riding.  He rode his bike up and down the street yesterday afternoon and Blake followed along with his Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (we call it his Fred Flintstone car since he propels it with his feet) He would only get as far as the neighbor's house and Kyle would be all the way down the street and back by that time.  It was funny. 

Another of Kyle's obsessions is basketball.  He brought his Harlem Globetrotters basketball with him and he went out to play.  Of course Blake had to go get his basketball and join him.  I was sitting on the front step and listening to them interact and decided to grab my camera and make a video. 

Kyle starts out saying, "The Claw!  It's behind you!" which is what my dad always does with the boys.  When Blake doesn't react to that, he switches to saying, "The Thumb!" which is what my dad says when he doesn't feel like doing the full-fledged "Claw".  It's silly, but Blake knew exactly what Kyle was talking about.  Here's the short video.




Obviously, I didn't pick out Blake's clothes today.  He rejected the matching shirt and shorts for a more satistactory, if crazy combination. 

Here are a few pictures from the past couple days with the kids:





I got out some scraps of material I had and let Danielle sew something.  She decided to make a little bag for her ipod touch.  I thought it turned out great.  She did 95% of it by herself. 


1 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't it funny how when our kids play with other kids they don't normally play with, that they take up their interests?