CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bloggy randomness for you

When I was a kid, we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Vagedes' house a lot.  My sister Kelly was the oldest grandchild in the family.  She was quite proud of this fact and quite close with my grandpa.  Sometimes some of our cousins would be there with us.  The kids would go in one room while the adults played cards in the kitchen.  Grandpa always let Kelly operate the record player.  The rest of us weren't really allowed to mess with it.  Maybe my cousin Keri, but that is all.  My grandma had a bunch of different pieces of exercise equipment in the room where we played.  I have distinct memories of jumping on her exercise trampoline while Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys played on the record player.  We had to be careful not to jump too hard or the record would skip. 

I haven't thought of that memory in ages, but I heard a kid at school humming a tune that reminded me of Elvira.  I am sure it wasn't Elvira he was humming, but it did bring me back to the eighties.  lol.  So, of course when I got home from work, I Youtubed Elvira. 

1 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

We used to run laps around the pool table to my folks' Neil Sedaka 8-track.