CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 18, 2007

One Hundred Years

Today, my grandma would have celebrated her 100th birthday. She passed away in 1999, a couple months before Eric and I got married. She never got to meet my boys, but I am sure she would have loved them. She knew my nephew, Kyle, who has Fragile X. She would crow, "Oh look at him smile! He's no dummy!" This was all before we had ever heard of Fragile X. Not exactly PC talk, but she appreciated the things he could do, and wasn't disturbed by what he couldn't.

Oh, how I loved my grandma. I miss her still. She would read The Little Lost Kitty to me, and even did the voices. She made special pancakes, and I was always her "baby", the youngest of seventeen grandchildren. Sometimes, I would pretend to be sick, so I could stay at her house instead of going to school. She was a wonderful grandmother. Happy Birthday, Grandma.

0 comments: