CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Welcome to my Blog

Hello, I am Kristie. I am married to Eric, and we have two boys with Fragile X. Drew is 6, and is in Kindergarten, and Blake is 4 and in preschool.

Fragile X entered our lives in October of 2000. My nephew was just three years old at the time, and was diagnosed with FXS. The geneticist recommended to my sister that all at-risk family members be tested. Our son Drew was about six weeks old. We poked his little arms to draw blood for the test, and a month later we got a call. "Mrs. Meyer, I am calling to inform you that your son Drew has Fragile X Syndrome." The call that changed our lives. I told my husband and he just held me and said, "We'll be ok."

Two and a half years later, we welcomed our second son, Blake to our family. We didn't have him tested until he was about three months old. We didn't get the results back for two months. He has Fragile X, too. It wasn't as much of a shock the second time around, and in fact, we already suspected it before we got the results.

Our families have been tremendously supportive of us, and for that we are forever thankful.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Hey Kristie! Nice to catch up with you again - your family is gorgeous! I'm so glad we met that day at Ruth's Chris. It was really nice getting to know you and your sis(Kelly, right? I'm thinking she was Kelly Clarkson and you were Christie Brinkley - lol) and your hubbys. Are you planning to go next year to St Louis? Hope to see you there! Oh, do you mind if I put a link to your blog up on mine?
Leanne

Kristiem10 said...

Hey, Leanne. Yeah, my sister is Kelly. Not sure if we're going to St Louis or not, yet. I'd like to. Sure, put a link in there. Do you care if I do the same?