CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

Ok, so I have a sweet tooth...


Our cabinets are rediculously bare, and I had a craving for something sweet. I decided to whip up some cinnamon bread. I only have one loaf pan, and I made meatloaf last night. And, it so happens that I was too lazy to wash it, so I threw the batter into my bundt cake pan. It is heavenly. Cinnamon-y goodness!

Here's the recipe:

Marbled Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread Recipe #107869

1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
Stir by hand just until moistened.
Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan.
Sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture, then draw a knife through batter to marble.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.

I followed the recipe 'cept I put it in the bundt pan, and didn't wait to eat it. Slathered butter on top and ate it hot. Mmmm..

1 comments:

a said...

YUM! I am so trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing! (And I must confess...sometimes when I get a sweet tooth I just eat chocolate chips out of the bag...it's faster than cooking, even though I love to cook.)