CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Baptized


Last night, I was baptized. My sister's church had an outdoor baptism service. I was baptized as an infant, but since becoming a believer, I have wanted to be immersed in the waters of baptism, outdoors, among God's creation, the way my savior was baptized. It was a lovely service, with worship music, and scripture reading.

The pastor called for anyone who wanted to be baptized to come forward. I hesitated to see if anyone else would go first. Apparently that was what everyone else was doing as well. I got up and went to the edge of the pond. The pastor asked me to explain why I wanted to be baptized. I faced the crowd and said, "Jesus means everything to me. He sees me through every day of my life. I was baptized as a baby, but since being saved as a teenager, I have wanted to be baptized, to make that decision on my own, and tonight I will do it." I turned and went into the water. The pastor held out his hand to me, and I took it. He had me kneel in the pond, and asked me if I believe that Christ is the messiah, the everlasting Son of God. I said I do. He said, "Do you promise to follow Him for the rest of your life?" I again said I do. At which point he baptized me saying, "Death" (dunk) "burial" (dunk) "ressurection" (dunk) And all the people said, "Amen!" Afterward, the people who had chosen to be baptized gathered in a circle, and all who were present crowded around us, laying hands on our shoulders, and praying for us. My brother-in-law Tony was there, and felt prompted during the service to be baptized. He went in the water in his regular clothes. There were a couple others who ended up being baptized, though they had not planned to do so. Here are some pictures:








6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Congrats! This made me cry

Anonymous said...

Kristie -
Good for you....your post was beautiful! Faith ( of any kind) is truly important in our journey with our X men!

Donnetta said...

Congrats and rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

Kristie that is so awesome! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Misty said...

Wootylujah! How exciting.

a said...

Our church baptizes like this when we are eight--an experience I still treasure. Even though I am not an active member, I still hold a faith in my heart and try to teach my children a Christian-like life. Good for you, I am happy your faith is strong and gives you strength.