CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Stupid Time Warner Cable.

We used to have Adelphia Cable. But they were bought out by Time Warner. Ever since then, our internet service has had outages left and right. I hate it! Our internet has been down since Friday morning. I have been going through withdrawl. lol.

Yesterday at church, Eric and I were miserable. Runny noses, sneezing, etc. Allergies. Eric whispered that we should leave early. So we did. At the back of church, an elderly lady stood blocking the door. She grabbed my arm and said, "Is there a special reason you are leaving, or are you just leaving to leave?" I was like, "Excuse me?" She repeated herself. So I told her that our allergies were very bad, and we needed to get out of the church. She looked doubtful, but moved aside. We could not believe it! She was questioning everyone who left early. I can't remember the last time I left early. It has probably been fifteen years. Now I wonder if she stands there every week? lol.

Anyway, it turned out that it wasn't just allergies, all the sneezing and stuff was the beginning of a cold. My head hurts, my throat hurts, my ears hurt, I have a runny nose, etc. Yuck. I just ate a bowl of Fruit Loops (healthy, I know) and didn't taste a single one.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Kristie,

Stephanie and I had a similar experience with the Catholic Church in Las Vegas. The parish began placing people at the entrance/exits of the church and would interrogate you if you left early/come in late, etc. That was the final straw and we have not returned to church since. Additionally, the church Nazis ( as I call them) would check out how much money was in your offertory envelope.

I hope that you feel better, use the Coldezze lozenges, they have zinc in them and they do cut the time of a cold in half.

Misty said...

I agree about Zinc. Zicam works WONDERS! Start it now though.

About the church lady; I would completely ignore her. Walk right past her like she didn't say a word. That'll learn her.

Kristiem10 said...

That is crazy, Chris. I can't believe they do that. I thought maybe she was doing this on her own, but now I wonder if she was placed by the church. Hmm. I will have to have Eric pick up some zinc lozenges for me.

Anonymous said...

How rude! I worked at a Methodist church for 5 years and no one would ever even think of doing that!! I would complain...seriously. If it causes the church to lose people then they will put a stop to it whether it was their idea or not.