CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

A Mother's Arms

Blake was watching television this morning, and he came to me crying. He seemed scared and asked me to "hold you". I picked him up and put him on my lap. I wondered what could be so scary, since he was just watching Blue's Clues, but who knows? Maybe Paprika was grumpy. He buried his head in my neck. He took my arms and wrapped them tight around him. I sat there holding him tight, and thought about how sweet it is that he feels safe in my arms. I mean, I am just muddling through motherhood. What makes my arms so special to him? Whatever it was, they worked because in a couple minutes, he wiggled around until I loosened my embrace, and he slid off my lap and bounded off for the toyroom again.

0 comments: