CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Guess what I am making?







It's Creme Brulee. I cannot wait until it is finished. It smells so good. It is so not healthy for you. And I just don't care. I'll take a picture of the finished product. But it has another hour in the oven. Here is the recipe:

Easy Creme Brulee


2 cups heavy cream
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup or so of light brown sugar

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Whisk the cream, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Pour mixture into ramekins and place ramekins in baking pan. Fill the baking pan with hot water, about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place the pan with the ramekins in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. After 45 minutes, check them every ten minutes for doneness. Done when knife inserted comes out clean. Remove the ramekins from the baking pan. Cool for 15 minutes then refrigerate overnight(or until you are insane with need for it's deliciousness)

Sprinkle a thin layer of the light brown sugar on the top of each. Make sure it's a THIN layer, but also make sure it completely covers the custard. Now torch it! Or, if you don't have a torch, you can put them under the broiler for a minute or so. I do not have small round ramekins, so mine takes a little longer in the oven. It is very worth the wait.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh, I soooooo wanna come to your house! I adore creme brulee - yummmmeeee!

Chris said...

I think you need a TORCH! ! !

Those are some BIGGG Creme Burlee!!! I see how you keep your skinny fiqure.

Kristiem10 said...

lol. I do need a torch. Yeah, they're huge. I can only eat about a half at a time. And this is precisely why I weigh at least ten pounds more than I'd like to.