CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Last Night

We went to my parents' house for New Year's dinner.

After we cleaned up, my mom said, "I have a game for us to play. It is just for girls." So my sister and I waited for her to get the game, wondering what it could be. She came out with this:



When she was a girl, her cousin Brenda had this game. They would play it every time mom went over to her house. Mom loved the game, but Brenda always insisted on being the banker. This fall my mom and dad were on vacation with my cousin Julie and her husband, and mom and Julie were out shopping. They came across the Barbie Queen of the Prom game, and Mom told Julie the story. Well, Julie decided that Mom needed it, and gave it to her for Christmas. Mom was pretty excited, and we played it last night. Mom was the banker, of course. lol!

The object of the game is to get to the prom first, and you'll be named Queen of the Prom. But first, you have to get a boyfriend, go steady with him, become a member of a school club, and of course, you need to buy a dress for prom. You start out with some cash, but not enough to buy a dress. So, you can earn money by doing dishes for a dollar, arranging flowers for $3, or typing papers for Dad for six whole dollars. I got Tom for a boyfriend. He criticized my hairdo (twice!) so I had to go to the beauty shop and pay three dollars (twice!) for a new look. But I was vindicated when Poindexter wrote a love poem about me and submitted it to the local paper. Imagine my delight when it go published and he split the ten dollars he earned with me. And he was going steady with my sister at the time, to boot!

We played twice, and my mom won one time, and my sister won the other. I say it is all Tom's fault.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I love board games :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wished I could play! Peggy E

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sounds like a great time! Too bad you got a loser for a boyfriend though.

Anonymous said...

I guess I will have to come over so there is one more girl to fight for Queen!

Anonymous said...

I had that game as a child/preteen. Loved it. What a great way to bond with the women in your life.

Have a wonderful 2008.

Oma

theotherlion said...

so jealous of the barbie game. my pledge name at college was sex on the beach barbie. i even had a glow in the dark sleeping bag. never know i was a women's studies minor and executive member of the feminist group on campus.