CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sick!

I was up countless times with Blake last night. I am thinking he has an ear infection. He had a pretty high fever, though I can't say for sure how high it was since the thermometer battery died. I think we have a mercury thermometer somewhere, but I didn't go searching for it. He moaned and groaned all night. So, when Drew woke me up at 6:15 this morning, I almost welcomed getting up. I know that sounds kind of strange, but the constant getting up and down, dozing off, only to be awakened by a crying, sick boy is more tiring then getting up sleep-deprived. Anyway, I got Drew his breakfast. He has a cold, too, though not as bad as Blake. Around seven o'clock, I gave him a bath. He started crying, saying he had to go potty. We finished the bath quickly, and I got him out so he could go to the bathroom. At which point, he pleaded for me to put Spongebob on. A different request out of him for the morning, but I wanted to keep him happy (and Blake asleep) I put Spongebob on, and he was not happy. He was still crying, and started drooling excessively. His speech became slurred and he kept touching his cheeks. It finally dawned on me that he was having a seizure. He had a small one a few weeks ago, but it had been months before that. So, I went and got his seizure medicine, and tried to push it down his throat. (I know--sounds terrible!) He didn't like it, and bit down on my finger, hard. Two hours later and it is still throbbing. I guess that's what you get for putting your finger in the mouth of someone having a seizure.

Anyway, Drew's aide arrived, and I went out and told her the situation. Eric called into work and I called the doctor's office to make an appointment for both boys. I had already intended to take Blake, but with this morning's happenings, I thought it would be good to take Drew as well.

Eric stayed up with the kids and I went back to bed for an hour. We have an appointment at 10:45. Thankfully, Eric is going with me. Wrangling both kids at the doctor is on my list of least-desired activities. Updates forthcoming.


Update-We just got home from the doctor's office. Drew has a sinus infection, which the doctor said may have triggered the seizure. Blake has an ear infection. He prescribed Zithromax for both boys. They are in bed right now. Now it is my turn for a nap.

1 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

Awwww. I hope they both are better soon.