CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Women of Faith

Thanks to the generosity and encouragement of Patsy Clairmont, I had the opportunity to go to the Women of Faith conference in Columbus this past weekend. My friend Bekki and I met up in Columbus on Friday afternoon. We checked into our hotel, had dinner at Genji, a delicious Japanese Steakhouse and headed to the conference.

We had to pick up our tickets from Will Call. We had to get in line by the name of the person who ordered the tickets. When we got to the front of line, they asked who ordered the tickets for us. I said, "Um, Patsy Clairmont?" It felt funny telling the person that one of the speakers of Women of Faith had tickets waiting for me. Anyway, she asked my name, and said, "Yes, I believe I saw your name in here." She handed me an envelope which contained two tickets. Floor tickets. Row B tickets! It was pretty cool getting to go right up front.

Here we are, in the second row, taking a cheesy picture of ourselves.

Friday there was a surprise visit from Anita Renfroe, a Christian comedian. I have seen her before at another conference, and she is a hoot. I loved her video of "Maybe Next Time..." Nicole Johnson did a drama, Nicole C. Mullin sang, Sheila and Sandi Patty sang together and Sheila Walsh gave a talk. It was so fun!

After the conference, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert, but ended up being too full for cheesecake. We went back to the room to get some sleep for Saturday.

Saturday dawned dreary and rainy. We got ready and made a stop at Tim Horton's on the way to the conference. Patsy was the first speaker. She is always fun. And she had a great message. And a jacket that reminded Mary Graham of tin foil. lol.


I was *this* close to where Patsy was sitting. I wanted to holler at her! But I remained civilized (mostly) and consoled myself by taking a picture of her.


All the speakers were great. So, Patsy Clairmont, if you see this post, thank you again for your generosity. It was really awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you guys got together over the weekend!
I'm glad you had a fun time. :)

Anonymous said...

I kept looking around hoping you'd know I was looking for you and you'd yell "Here I am!" But alas I couldn't pick you out of the sea of faces and I so wanted to give you a hug!

I knew you were probably nearby but in which direction?? Oh, well, that means you'll have to come again!

Blessings, Patsy

Kristiem10 said...

Aww! I was so close, I could have thrown a burnt rice cake at you and hit my target. I was afraid the security dude would stop me if I tried to say hello!

Jen said...

That sounds like a perfect getaway--a very refreshing and uplifting one. Too bad there wasn't room for cheesecake...yummm!