CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

A bit of respite

Yesterday was a little rough with Blake. It was like he bounced back and forth from one mischievous thing to the next. We played outside a lot, in hopes of running off some energy, but that resulted in running toward the road more than once. I got out the water table and filled it up. That entertained him for awhile, but soon he went into the porch. I was reading my book, and was only keeping half an eye on him. I mean, how much trouble can you get into when contained in the screened-in porch? Well, we had played Hangman on the fifth of July and left the dry erase marker out. What could have been major damage turned out to be a minor inconvenience. He took the marker and drew on the windows. Thankfully, it wiped right off. Had he decided to write on the furniture cushions, it would be a different story.

By the time Eric got home, I needed a break. He said he'd watch the boys while I had some sister time. Kelly and I went to the mall and I tried on some clothes. I bought a shirt on clearance for six dollars and got a book from the discount book store. We ended up getting groceries. I called Eric about something and he said Blake was being wild. He got out of bed numerous times, and earlier in the evening ran outside while Eric was in the bathroom and locked himself out. Not good. Eric sounded frustrated, and that was after only three hours of watching Blake. He said Drew was well-behaved, though.

So, today I think we're going to try to go to the park. Drew needs the exercise, and Blake needs to run off some energy. We'll see how that goes.

1 comments:

Maddy said...

Can you pop him in the mail and he can come and babysit mine!

Glad you managed to squeeze in a little down time.
Cheers