CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

He's home!

Saturday night, Eric came home from his fishing trip. I let the boys stay up so they could see him. Eric walked in around 10:15 in the evening, and Blake saw him first. He said, "Hi Eric!" and ran into the other room. When Drew saw him, he said, "Hi Daddy. Breakfast with Daddy tomorrow? I want toast." And went to bed. Six days a week I get up with the boys and get their breakfast. Sunday mornings, Eric gets up and lets me sleep in a bit. Drew calls that Breakfast with Daddy Day. The previous Sunday Eric was in Canada, so Sunday was Breakfast With Mommy Day. I told Drew on Saturday evening that his dad would be home and able to get his breakfast the next day. He didn't believe me. I guess he needed to confirm it with the man himself, because as soon as Drew was assured by Daddy that he'd be there, Drew put in his order for toast and went to bed.

Eric brought his brother Chris home with him. My sister and her family were here to see the fireworks. Eric's sister and her daughter Jessica came over as well. We went out in the back yard to see them, but the trees blocked our view. So we barged into our neighbors yard to watch. They didn't mind much, though. Drew was in bed, so he missed them altogether. Blake kept saying, "Oh! Look at that!" But after a couple minutes of it, he pulled his shirt up over his head to block the view. My nephew Kyle is afraid of fireworks, but is a little interested in seeing them. He has a set of Bose noise-cancelling heaphones, so he put them on and stood on the back porch. But as soon as the fireworks started, it was too much for him and he went in the house.

Kelly and her family went home and Eric's brother and sister and niece stayed awhile. We talked until 12:30 or so, and then Eric left to take Chris back to their parents' house. I went to bed.

It was a nice evening, and I was glad to have my hubby back.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Yes a little break from mine makes me ever so much more appreciative. My middle one has suddenly started calling us by our first names rather than mummy and daddy = most disconcerting.

My mum did NOT appreciate being called Mary rather than Granny.
Cheers

Mark said...

Check out the pic of the guys with there pole and frozen fish. On my Blog. Thanks for the party. Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

It is such a wonderful feeling when everyone is under the same roof :0)

shoeaddict said...

I'm glad that your hubby is home safe. Have a great week.

theotherlion said...

It kinda reminds me of the kid on Higglytown Heroes who's obsessed with toast. =)
Punkin does the same thing when I tell him Oma and Opa are coming. Doesn't get excited until he actually sees them and confirms the plans with them.

Anonymous said...

That Chris Guy Sounds Swell! ! !