CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Liberty Days Parade

Today we had a Liberty Days Parade. Why the town didn't do it yesterday on the Fourth, I have no idea, but anyway the parade goes past my house. Every year we have a get together and people come for the parade. Eric loves this event. A lot. But this year, he is driving home from his fishing trip to Canada on parade day. That left me to get ready for the party. We usually cook out burgers and brats, but I decided to take the easy route and go for shredded beef sandwiches. I have been sick all week, so I made the side dishes simple: a pasta salad, a grape salad/dessert and beans. And most of the people who came brought food with them. There was plenty to eat.

Both boys like the parade, though they get a little nervous about random antique car horns, or fire sirens. Thankfully, the surprise noises were at a minimum this year, and they both liked the parade.

Here are some pictures from the big event:

Blake giving Grandpa V. a kiss


Drew waving to aforementioned antique car people


Blake ran for cover when the band came along


My sister Kelly and my friend Jane


Drew staying in the shade

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great time! I'm sorry we didn't come. We regretted it this morning.

Mark said...

Thanks for the get together.
I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

lol poor blake. Matty runs from the police cars.

Paula said...

Sorry we missed your party. Looks like everyone had a great time. When I got home from work !2:35 Tim was sleeping. I left him sleep he has been having trouble with his arm/shoulder. Hopefully I will see you Tuesday.

shoeaddict said...

I love that pic of Blake! What is in the grape salad?