CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

We've all got to go sometime, so..

Eric and I have an appointment with a lawyer this afternoon to set up a special needs trust. We have been talking about doing it for years, but are finally getting it done today. We wrote a letter of intent, which outlines our desires for the boys in the event of our death. I didn't even know what a letter of intent was until recently. It isn't exactly fun doing this, but it will give us peace of mind knowing that in the event of our deaths, that the will be provided for.

We have an appointment this afternoon, and Eric's mom and dad are watching the boys for us. Then tonight, we are going to open house at Drew's school. He will get to meet his teachers for next year. He has a different teacher for each subject and will have to switch classes several times a day. Thankfully, he will still have Mrs. H, his aide. She will keep him on track.

Busy day ahead! Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I need to do that too. You would think working at a trust and investment firm I would have done that already but I'm a slacker. It's just a thought I can't bear. I'm going to be like the king in the movie "Ever After" and just insist that I will live forever...lol

Anonymous said...

This is on our to do list as well. Not fun to think about at all but oh so necessary. I hope it went well!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I need to do this. We have discussed it numerous times but keep putting it off.