CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I survived

So today was my first day at school as a lunchlady. There were no kids to feed yet, that starts tomorrow. I had to drive a full size van aka-The Lunch Wagon, to the high school to pick up food and bring it to the elementary building. What's the big deal about driving a full-size van, you ask? Well, first of all it has no rear windows, and hence no rearview mirror. And second of all, I had to back the full-sized van up to a loading dock. And this dock isn't wide open. There is a ramp along one side, and a dumpster on the other. I was glad to have the other cook in the van with me at the time, because she warned me that I was dangerously close to hitting the dumpster. I would have adjusted the passenger side window, but it was infested with hornets. So, I went on her word. I backed slowly up until I heard a thud, at which point I hurriedly threw it into drive and got off the bumper that I ran into. lol. The other cook said that happens sometimes. Anyway, no harm done and we loaded hundreds of pounds of boxes from one school to the next. I washed all the silverware and some of the pots and pans that weren't covered over the summer. We got the kitchen all set up for tomorrow. At 11:15, we went to a luncheon for all the school staff. It was catered, so the cafeteria staff didn't have to cook. I worked from 7am to one this afternoon, and my sweet mother in law watched the boys for us yet again. Things will probably be crazy for the next couple weeks as we get back into the regular routine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you made it through your first day! Best of luck the next couple weeks til things settle down.