CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Movie Book

Remember me talking about the session at the Fragile X conference called Life in Mrs. Rogers Neighborhood? Well, Cindi Rogers put all of their videos in a library, and made a binder with pictures of all the videos they have available. That way they don't get out 101 DVDs, but they can pick a certain number from the visual list, and swap them out as desired. I tried to imitate this idea. My niece Jennifer emailed me and offered her prepaid credits at Shutterfly to print the pictures. So, I printed 59 pictures of the boys favorite DVDs and I put them in a photo album. Blake has already started using it. I love this!

Here are some pictures of what it looks like. I just used a binder I had, but I may switch it to a different one in the future. But for now, this works.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, very cool!

Anonymous said...

That is a really cool idea!! I really need to do that.

Jen said...

We just had an incident. Evan went into the room where the kids' tv is (Kyle and Matt weren't in there, but they had left the tv on). Evan was only in there for 30 seconds before I went in to check on him. Just as I was getting to the room, I saw him fall off a stack of about 10 of Kyle's DVD's (there were a couple of stacks there). He hit so hard against table! That reminded me of your post that I had read earlier.

SO, I showed Kyle your photo album, explained what it was all about, and asked him if he wanted a book like that. He smiled big, shook my hand, and said, "Why, sure, yes!" (He likes to shake hands to signify that we have a deal.)
It looks like I have my work cut out for me! I know with him, it's a security issue to have his dvd's with him; I'm hoping that the pictures will be an acceptable substitute.

Kristiem10 said...

Hey that would be cool if you could exchange a book for his carrying the actual DVDs around.