CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A recap of our day

Eric's brother Mark is a jeweler and let us know that they were having a sale at the store. Since we needed to get Drew some school clothes anyway, we headed to Dayton.

We decided to go to see Mark first. Eric bought me a string of pearls. They are so pretty! While we were there, we went to Dillards, which was going out of business. I got a formal dress for a fundraiser at Drew's school and/or the Holiday Ball in our town. I got a great deal on it, and it is cute!

Next we went to Target, or Tar-jay as Drew prefers to call it, and looked for some school pants. Apparently Drew has turned into a portly little man, because all the pants that fit his belly were waaaayy long. And looked a little clownish on him. we didn't get anything at Target, and went to Drew's favorite place--the Dayton Mall. They have lots of elevators. We hit the restroom, and while we were waiting for Daddy, I took the boys on their first elevator ride of the day. Such excitement!
We stopped in the uniform section and tried on a couple pairs of pants. We found some size 12(!) Docker pants which were at least four inches too long, but fit otherwise. Thank goodness for my mother in law, and not just because she is an excellent seamstress.

After the mall, we went to another Target, looking for more pants. Drew and I went in and Eric and Blake waited in the car. They didn't have the size we were looking for, so we headed back out. By this time, it was going on eight in the evening, so we went to Chili's for dinner. The boys had snacked on some french fries, or they wouldn't have made it that long. We got some chips and salsa right away, so that occupied them. I made four trips to the bathroom during our time there. Two times were for Drew, once was for me, and once was to scold Blake for being wild. We were out of there in less than an hour. Not too shabby. Overall, it was a good meal. (I think. I did eat rather quickly) Eric was a little stressed, but I am more used to their restaurant antics, and try to roll with the punches.

We got home around 10:30, and the boys both went to bed nicely. It was a long day, but a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice is that! My only thought is that it is not very nice for him to buy you some pearls and not me!!!!! And to comment on the day before; Yes Eric is a good Dad. More than he likes to admit.

Mark said...

WOW! That was a busy day for the boys. Pearls the classic accessory!