CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

A Labor Day meme

In honor of Labor Day, Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer posted a meme about - what else? - labor, of course! Here are my answers.

How long were your labors?
17 hours with Drew
6 hours with Blake

How did you know you were in labor?
My water broke both times.

Where did you deliver?
At the hospital in Sidney, OH. Blake was born in their newly-built birthing center. It was nice, but honestly, the surroundings don't matter much when you are in labor.

Drugs?
I had an epidural with Drew. With Blake, the epidural attempt failed and only my right thigh got numb. Not too helpful. :) There wasn't really enough time to redo the thing, though, so I just went with it.

C-section?
Nope, thankfully. I did push for three and a half hours with Drew. I believe that was because of the epidural, though. Thinking back, I am a bit surprised they didn't end up going with a C-section. I am glad they didn't, though.

Who delivered?
My first OB/GYN was Dr. Buddhadev, and he went home for supper while I was pushing. Not too encouraging for the mama, so I got a different doctor for my second pregnancy. Dr. Gould delivered Blake.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this :)

I was 8 minutes for a C-section with my baby girl. She got stuck twice and pushed back in twich. They were prepping the OR and waiting for the last meds they gave me to be up at 2:30 a.m. I had told them it was not necessary to do that because she would be here. At 2:22 she was screaming her little lungs out!! I'm also glad I didn't have one.