CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Drew woke up at 5:15 this morning, screaming. I went to see what was the matter, and Eric yelled, "He's going to throw up!" so I ran him to the bathroom, where he indeed, did throw up. He screamed and cried and tried to fight me from holding him in place over the toilet.

After that, and still crying, he requested to watch Polar Express. I got out a bowl to catch any puke that didn't make it to the bathroom on the next run, and set the movie up for him. He continued to cry and say, "I get a green card today? I do my work" I said, "No, you're not going to school today." He burst into a fresh batch of tears and said, "I go to the kindergarten room today!" All week, if he gets green cards, on Thursday afternoon, he is allowed to play in the kindergarten room for awhile. He got green cards all week and was expecting his treat. He was majorly disappointed. I called his aide at 7:15 to tell her that Drew was sick. I told her that he was sad that he wouldn't get to go to the kindergarten room today. She said, "Tell him not to worry, that we'll sneak a visit in there tomorrow." Isn't that sweet? When I told him, he stopped crying and was so happy.

He threw up several times between 5:15 and 8:00 this morning, but has been fine since. And he's been begging for food all along. We're taking it easy with Sprite and dry toast. Maybe this afternoon, I'll make him something else.

Blake found the stickers this morning, and this is what he did with them:

2 comments:

Mark said...

Drew, Hope you feel better!:)
Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Carol is going to take him into the kindergarten room to play tomorrow. I hate it when the kids are sad.
Grandma V