CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyle!

My nephew Kyle turns twelve years old today! I can't believe it. Time sure flies by, doesn't it? I remember the cold Friday night he was born. He was the first grandchild in our family, and boy did he turn our lives upside down. In a good way, to be sure. That child meant (and still does!) so much to me. I wasn't married yet when he was born, and I didn't have a lot of other responsibilities, so I would oftentimes stop by my sister's house to see him. Eric was on the scene and they had a special bond, too. Everyone who knows something about Fragile X knows that rituals mean a lot to fraggles. Before we even knew about FX, we all had our special "thing" with Kyle. I remember on his first birthday, I got Kyle a pair of denim overalls and an orange turtleneck. I had a matching outfit, and I wore it to his birthday party. How goofy! But, I still love to look at the picture I have of us wearing them together.

Kyle has his challenges, especially with impulsive behavior. This gets him in trouble sometimes. But, there are times when his impulsive behavior is sweet, like when he comes up and gives you a spontaneous kiss or hug. Anyway, I am sure proud of that boy, and I love him quite a lot. He wins the affection of most people he meets. And I know he is going to have a happy and successful life because of it. Happy Birthday Kyle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Kyle!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!
Mark