CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Friday but it feels like a Saturday

I have been off work since Christmas Eve. I swear this has wreaked havoc on my sense of what day it is. Yesterday felt like a Sunday to me, and today feels like a Saturday.

On New Year's Eve, Eric and I went to dinner and a dance. My niece Jessica babysat for the boys. It was nice getting to go out for dinner and just enjoy the company of my hubby. I had a yummy steak. Afterward, we debated about which dance to go to. There were two we were considering. We ended up going to the one my parents were. We had a nice time, though the band leader didn't do a countdown to midnight. They just started playing Auld Lang Syne. It was a little anticlimactic.

On New Year's Day, I slept in and Eric got up with the boys. We didn't do a whole lot. Took a nap in the afternoon. Went to my mom and dad's house for a dinner of sauerkraut and smoked sausage. We played Pit, which was pretty fun. My mom and sister both had some Asti. Actually, I think my mom only had one glass and Kelly drank the rest of the bottle. So she was pretty entertaining.

Today, Eric went to the hospital with his mom. His dad has been in the hospital all week with complications from his kidney transplant. I don't think his doctors are sure what is wrong. But he came home tonight. I was home with the boys all day and Drew drove me insano. Everything I asked of him was met with a flat-out "no". Ugh. I tried to be patient with him, but man, was it irritating.

I have been trying to get Blake to go pee in the potty. Today he took off several clean Pull-Ups to replace them with a clean Pull-up. So, I removed the bag unused ones and hid them. Then I gave him a pair of underwear to put on. He didn't like this one bit, so he removed them and threw them at me repeatedly. He sat on the potty several times with no action. I am completely frustrated. Anyone out there who loves to potty train kids? Be my guest!

I did lots of organizing today as well. I cleaned out our front coat closet, my bedroom closet, and all of my drawers. I threw away lots of old shoes and filled a shopping bag with clothes to take to Goodwill. I also went through the toyboxes and organized them. This is the opposite of my usual behavior, which includes making messes and little piles here and there because I don't know what else to do with things. Not today. I was decisive. And it feels great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it is time for me and my kids to come over and destroy that toyroom you just organized!! hehe J/K. I hope everything is okay with Eric's Dad. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know! (we are now home!)

Umma said...

I desperately need to go through Monkey's toys. We keep bringing in new ones and I don't think anything has been removed. I'm about to drown in them! I wish I had the motivation.