CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend in Review

We had a very nice weekend. Saturday afternoon, we dropped the boys off at my sister Kelly's house and Eric and I took off for Cincinnati. We went to Jungle Jim's. That place is huge! We were there over two hours. We could have stayed at least two more hours, but we wanted to go out to dinner and not be too late in picking up the kids. I was amazed by their produce section. Seriously, I mentioned to Eric that I didn't even know God created that many types of produce. Some of the veggies I saw, I wouldn't have even known how to prepare.

Eric bought me a case (yes a case) of my favorite European chocolate bars, called Crunchie bars. They are made with sponge toffee and covered with chocolate. So good. I got all kinds of new spices to play with, and plenty of produce. Eric got some Horchata in the Mexico section. Horchata is a rice drink Eric had when he was in Mexico last. He really liked it, and I wanted to try some for myself.

After we left Jungle Jim's, Eric took me out to dinner at Montgomery Inn, a well-known BBQ Rib place in Cincinnati. He made the plans and surprised me on the way by letting me know that's where we were going. It was really, really good.

As we arrived at the restaurant, my sister called to let me know that she was going to bring the boys back home and put them to bed for us and just read her book until we got home. She said to take our time and have fun. What a sweetie! We actually got home at 10:30.

She gave us a recap of the day with the boys when we got home. Drew has been afraid of stairs for awhile, so I was a little concerned when we got there and everyone was in their basement. They said they'd come back upstairs for him and not to worry. Eventually, my brother in law carried Drew downstairs. The kid weighs 83lbs! Tony said Drew had a death grip on him. But he was really happy when he got down there. They have lots of toys, a mini trampoline, and a television down there. So he had fun. When he had to go to the bathroom, he went up the steps himself. And the next time he wasn't as scared to go down. Yay Drew! While they were there, Kyle had an outurst and scared Drew (not much scares Blake), so Tony took Drew in his truck to his brother's farm. They went in the barn and saw the animals.

Yesterday, we went to church. The boys stayed with Mom and Dad, and after church we had lunch with them. Eric and I played a game of bowling on the Wii, then we went home to watch Kelly and Tony's kids while they had dance lessons. When they came back, they took our kids home with them so we could go to our dance lessons. Right before we left, our friend Eileen called Kelly to tell her they had two extra tickets to the theater and wanted to know if Kelly and I wanted to go. Of course we did! Our friend Paula and her husband weren't able to make the show, so they kindly gave their tickets to us. (Thanks Pollyanna!) We saw The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It was so funny! I thought I'd pee my pants from laughing so hard. Of course, the fact that we got there at the last minute before the show began and didn't have time for a bathroom break may have had something to do with it. Before the musical, we went to The Spaghetti Warehouse which was close to the theater. The food was good, but the waitress was slow! We literally had to run from our car to the theater to get to our seats before they closed the doors.

So, I got home at 10:30 last night, too. Anyway, it was a fun and relaxing weekend, and I am ready to go for the day.

**Updated to add**

Drew's new medication seems to be helping. He is transitioning some better, and being happier and more compliant in general. Of course, nothing's perfect, so we still have some battles, but there is a definite improvement. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers on this matter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a FULL weekend!
Mark

Anonymous said...

That is what you call relaxing?? Looks like fun, but I wouldnt usethe word relaxing! Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

yeah I didn't see relax in there much either...lol. But relaxing is different for every1 :)