CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Well, that was invigorating!

It is 65 degrees out today. A lovely day, so when Drew came home from school, we waited outside for Blake. Drew wandered around, playing with a couple sticks, and I sat on the porch with a book. Quite leisurely, I must say.

Blake's bus arrived, and I went aboard to get him out of his seat. As I got on the bus, Allen, the bus driver handed me a pair of socks. I just laughed, because whenever it is remotely warm, Blake takes his shoes and socks off. I got to Blake and gathered his stuff up. Coat, backpack, other socks from today. Apparently the ones Allen gave me were from last week. Anyway, we got off the bus and Allen pulled away. At the same moment I realized I hadn't picked up Blake's shoes. I said, "Get in the van, boys, we have to catch Allen!" I grabbed my purse and away we went. He still had a few stops to make in town, and I thought we could maybe catch him before he headed out of town. Drew kept asking, "Where we going?" I told him that we had to catch Allen. We followed him down four streets, past our house again, and down several more streets before his flashers went on and he came to a stop. I told the boys to wait in the car while I got Blake's shoes.

The other mother went on the bus to get her child (who of course, was wearing her shoes). Anyway, I peeked my head around the corner and said, "Hi, Allen! Did you see me following you? I think we left Blake's shoes on the bus." He said he was sorry he didn't see me. No biggie. So I hunted his shoes up, which were three rows ahead of where Blake's assigned seat is, and headed back off the bus. Who did I find but a barefooted Blake, walking toward me. I told him to get back in the van, and glanced over at the guy in the truck who was stopped for the bus. He saw me carrying the shoes, and I am sure he watched the whole thing unfold. He was laughing and shaking his head. I gave a sheepish smile and waved at him before getting back in the van.

I asked the boys if they wanted to stop and say hi to Grandpa while we were close by. Drew asked, "Allen coming, too?" lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog for awhile. Loved the bus story:) Say Hi to Allen for me. I have Spring break this week so I'm off to Kansas tomorrow to visit my daughter. It's closer now that we live in MN. I'm counting the days 'til the end of school too.
Barb