CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday ramblings in list form

1. Drew is much better today. He went to school and was more than thrilled to be allowed to drink milk again. He didn't eat much for lunch or supper, but has been snacking.

2. I sent in cupcakes for Blake's birthday today to school. I would normally have sent them in on Thursday before his birthday, but they were off school that day. (He always has Fridays off)I thought they turned out pretty cute:I baked them in ice cream cones and decorated them with Cool-Whip and sprinkles.

3. Blake cut his finger on a can while I was making supper. I only had the lid partly opened and he got his finger stuck in it and got cut. I put a Bandaid on it for him but he removed it promptly. Then he walked around, perturbed by his injury, but tucked his fingers in so as not to think about it, I guess:

4. Eric replaced our front storm door. It looks a thousand times better. He did require my assistance from time to time, but that was limited to holding things steady for him and occasionally lifting/moving of the door. I felt like a good little helperpants.

5. Today, about 1:00 in the afternoon, part of my face went numb. It was a strange feeling. The inside of my mouth was numb on the right side as well. Felt like I had Novacaine. And it felt like it was pulling down on one side. I asked one of my coworkers if it looked like my mouth was weird, and she said it looked normal. It is still numb now, seven hours later. And not pulling down, but twitching. Any ideas? I have heard of legs and feet going numb for premutation FX carriers, and in fact have experienced that regularly, but never heard of facial numbness.

Time to put the kids to bed then off to read my book, Luke's Story by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

2 comments:

fragilemom said...

Hmm, I hadn't heard of the numbness thing...legs, feet, or any other body part. Amazing all the things I'm learning. Glad Blake is feeling better!!

Holly's Mom said...

Stroke!@@ It could have been a mini stroke, you really need to check that out.. thats scary :-(