CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Me and the boys

Eric had to take his brother Chris back to the airport tonight after a weeklong visit. My sister and brother in law had a wedding to go to, and asked if I could watch Kyle. Danielle had a pool party to go to, so it was just me and the boys tonight.

I decided to take them to McDonalds. And no fun event would be complete without taking pictures for the blog.
There was a USA Today in the booth, so Drew and Blake made use of it.
Kyle was quite happy. On the way, I asked him if he wanted a hamburger or nuggets and he said, "Uh, I always get a number nine." Chicken Selects and fries.
I do believe Blake was salting the table here.
a pic Drew took of me.and my lovely veiny foot.

Drew got out my phone to call Grandma. Too bad her number isn't 3333333399999444.

After McD's we went to Dollar General for some snacks. We were a wild crew there. First of all, their air conditioning was not working, so it was HOT in there. Drew stood by the door opening it for customers and greeting them. Very nice, except for he stood right in the doorway while doing it. People didn't really know what to do. I thought it was kind of funny, so I continued to let him do it. Hey, they were double doors, they had an option.

I put Blake in a cart to contain him. I got Kyle a bag of chips and told him to carry them. I didn't want to put them in with Blake, since Blake would most certainly smush them to bits. Well, Kyle didn't want to carry them, so he put them in Drew's cart. Drew always has to push his own cart when we go places. Ankles beware! Anyway, Drew never wants anything in his cart and wanted it out. While I was dealing with that situation, Blake climbed out of the cart he was in. Obviously he's too big for it if he can climb out so easily.

So, Blake pushed the cart he'd been formerly seated in, and we put the snacks in that cart. Drew pushed his empty cart, and Kyle trailed along behind picking up Bugles and Oreos. And of course there was a line at the checkout. Drew went back to the door, and took over greeter duty again. Blake put his cart away, and started pulling bags off the rounder. Kyle kept saying, "Hey Buddy, how you doing?" to the cashier lady. It was great. lol.

We got back home to watch an old episode of Barney, Kyle's second choice, since Mass wasn't on EWTN. Drew is flapping at his bed with the door closed, and Blake is lining up his dominoes.

7 comments:

theotherlion said...

Wow, that is a good story. Good thing you have a sense of humor!

Kristiem10 said...

It got even more wild after I posted. Drew threw up all over his bed. And the bathroom. What chaos!

Anonymous said...

sound like you had a exciting day
Jessica

Punkin's Oma said...

You are one brave lady. What a great example of how one can survive with humor and love.

Jana Nickle said...

I know how you feel with the pushing of the cart thing. Avery does that too. I just decided to pick my battles on this one and he won. He pushes his own cart wherever we go. The Mass, thing, HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

smack me to wake me up
did u just say you took 3 fx boys to McDonalds...and
and
it was a fun event!!! U r my hero :)

(cute shoes by the way!!)

jodie said...

What a fun night! (sorry so late, I am finally catching up on blogs)