CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Kindergarten Update

I helped serve lunch for the kindergarteners today. I saw Blake at the end of the line holding his aide's hand. When he saw me, he got a big smile on his face. He waited patiently in line until it was his turn to get a tray. He said, "Hi Mommy! What you doing?" His aide said he was doing very well. A little later, the other kindergarten teacher (not his) came up to me and told me how much fun Blake had on the playground. She said she took his picture and would email it to me.

When he and Drew got home, he was super excited and ran into the house. Drew got out of the car quickly. I asked Blake's aide how he did this afternoon, and she said he did great. Drew had a rough morning, I guess. His aide told me that he got a card change for not doing his work and he seemed really tired this morning.

When we got in the house, I opened Drew's backpack to read his communication book, but Blake wanted me to open his first. "It's for you!" he said. We looked at all the papers he did while he danced around the kitchen. It was pretty cute.

Tonight, we're going to El Sombrero for dinner and then we're going school clothes shopping for Blake. The weather is cool here, and he only has one pair of long pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Blake did great on his first day of school.
Jessica

Courage said...

I'm happy that Blake is doing so well!