CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nostalgia

Kyle, Blake and I were outside playing basketball between rainshowers. In the distance, I heard a tinkling, musical sound. Soon I recognized the tune of Music Box Dancer. Then I saw a little boxy white truck coming down the street. The ice cream truck! It turned down a side street, but I was sure they'd come back our way. I called my niece Danielle to come to the front yard and I told her to listen for the music. She said she heard it, but asked what it was. Being from the country, they had never experienced the thrill of having the ice cream truck come. So, I was armed with cash by the time the truck returned. Danielle and Blake picked Dora ice cream pops and I got a Bomb Pop. Their truck said they had chips, but they did not, so Kyle was a bit disappointed. He and Drew are non-ice cream eaters, so they were out of luck.

While we were getting our ice cream, the neighbors came outside. The dad came out holding his wallet and rolling his eyes at me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great for them yummy I like ice cream too.

Anonymous said...

luv the ice cream truck :)