CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Morning Randomness

On Thursday, an old friend messaged me and asked if I thought I could talk Eric into going to his class reunion, which is tonight. We haven't gotten together in ages, and she and her husband are going. And she graduated with Eric. I talked to him, and he reluctantly agreed. So, that's on the agenda for tonight. Eric's parents are going to watch the kids for us.

Remember me posting about how Blake ran around on the stage at open house on Thursday night? Well, I am thinking he twisted his ankle, because he has been limping around since then. Yesterday, it was like his ankle would give out on him. Today, it seems some better. I looked it over and compared it to his other one, and there isn't even any bruising or swelling. He does better with shoes on, but he won't keep them on at home. We're debating what to do about it.

I pierced my ears last night. I've had them pierced in the past, but have never been able to tolerate wearing earrings. They would get infected easily and it was no fun. Last night, I was looking through my jewelry box and found a cute pair of hoop earrings I bought from when I had a Lia Sophia jewelry party. On a whim, I decided to pierce my ears. The first one I just did with an earring. My left ear was not cooperating, so I used some ice, alcohol and a straight pin. I put some birthstone earrings in. So far, so good.

Yesterday, I had a training session at work. Totally unnecessary for me, since I won't even have a voicemail and will rarely even answer the phone, but whatever. I got paid to go, so I didn't complain. Too much. Anyway, Blake's aide, Mrs. T was there, and we had made arrangements for her to keep Blake while I had training. So, they toured the school and visited the secretaries at the office, and went to play on the new playground. Blake is very comfortable with Mrs. T. She says she thinks it's going to be a good year. I am hopeful.

Have a good weekend!

1 comments:

theotherlion said...

I am just catching up. Danielle is such a sweet girl. It is also really nice that Blake can hang out with his aide -- and of course that he likes her.