CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 28, 2009

The X-Men celebrate their heritage

Saturday evening, Eric and I babysat for Kelly's kids. So, we took all four fraggles to the German Heritage Days, a small, two-day festival our town has to commemorate its German beginnings.

It was a nice evening, so we decided to walk. Drew was lagging behind, so he's not in this pic.

What better thing to do at a festival than eat? We had hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, cabbage rolls, German potato salad and potato soup.
I had gotten Blake a hot dog, but as soon as he saw the soup I was eating, he wanted that. So I gave him mine and went back and got some more for myself. My mom and dad showed up, so we sat together. We let Kyle wander around the tent. He knew quite a few people, and a lot of people knew him as well. That's one of the benefits of living in a tiny town.
Danielle and Blake played around the dance area while they waited for the German band to start. Danielle got bored with that pretty quick, so she was soon off to make new friends. I was pretty impressed, since she's usually a litte shy. She was riding down a straw-covered hill on a piece of cardboard with another girl named Laura.
I went out on the dance floor to dance with Blake. There's Kyle in the background.
And later Eric and I both danced with him.
My mom and Drew danced together.

I took Blake, Kyle and Danielle home around 10:30. Drew was not ready to leave. He was just getting warmed up, so Eric stayed with him. The evening was a hit and all the kids had a blast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had fun.
Jessica

fragilemom said...

Those kinds of festivals are so fune! Ian does great as long as there's music and food!

Jen said...

Looks like a fun time....yea for German heritage! :)