CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Abilify

So, we started Drew on Abilify. He had his first dose before bed last night. His aide said he seemed more anxious, especially in the morning. Another teacher said he had a crying fit this morning and another said he was uncooperative. Well, the uncooperative one isn't that surprising. He is uncooperative a lot in school. I am not sure what to think. His aide said his transitions went better this afternoon, and I was happy to see how well he got out of the car after school. No yelling, arms crossed, slamming the door, trying to close it on me, etc. And he's been really happy for us here, both this morning and after school so far.

I am hoping he it is just the adjustment to the medicine and things will get better. Who knows? It's all a matter of trial and error. Have any of you had experience with fraggles on Abilify? Thanks!

2 comments:

theotherlion said...

I don't know. It's the "wonder drug" they kept talking about at the conference and it's what they recommend for Punkin once he gets older.

I asked to be put on it and my doc put me on chlorazepate instead because she said it is basically the same thing, just older and therefore cheaper. I don't know how true that is, but it is working. My cousin (25) is on Abilify and my aunt has had good results as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about the medicine but I wanted to leave a comment anyway. Keep the posts coming!

Luv ya

Ashley