CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stubborn


It is Sunday morning, and Eric is in Las Vegas for our nephew Anthony's graduation. I have Blake all ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa V's house while I go to church. That's great, but Drew is not dressed, I have no makeup on, and we have forty five minutes until we need to leave. What's the problem with that, you ask? Well, like I said, Blake is ready. Not just dressed-ready. Ready. To go. He wants to leave, so he went into the van and opened the garage door. I went out to get him and told him we aren't ready to go. I told him we had to go back in the house for awhile, but I promised we'd go to Grandma and Grandpa's after bit. He said, "No Mommy!" So I tried to pick him up. He fought me. I grabbed his ankles and tried to pull him forward to get a better hold on him. "No my feet!" he screamed. So what do I do? I go get the camera. I took a couple pictures of him glaring at me. Suddenly he hops out of the van and runs into the house, slamming the door behind him. I follow. But the house door is locked. I knocked on the door even though I had a house key. I wanted to see if he'd open the door. "Go 'way!" he yelled. Urgh. I let myself in the house and where did I find him? The timeout chair. Right where I would have put him anyway. I didn't actually say anything because I didn't feel like having the situation escalate. I just left him alone. He's now watching Dora and playing with Thomas the train.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

He wanted to go to Grandpa & Grnadma's now, not when you were dressed and ready.