CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Week in Review

Monday- The boys and I went to a Mexican restaurant with my parents for dinner. Kids eat free on Mondays at El Sombrero. They were well-behaved if a little noisy. Made my dad paranoid, but the waitress said my kids were better behaved than a lot of kids that come in there.

Tuesday- I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, so my cousin Annie babysat for the kids. I got back in the afternoon and Blake threw a huge fit. I tried the timeout chair, but that didn't work too well. I ended up putting him in his room and telling him to come out when he could be nice. That worked ok. Tuesday night, I had bible study and my mom and dad watched the boys.

Wednesday-The boys and I hung out at home for the most part. Eric came home from Las Vegas! I was glad to have him home.

Thursday-We went to the grocery in the afternoon. Blake wanted to sit in the car cart. I was only too willing to oblige. (seatbelts, you know) He's getting pretty big for it, but he still fits. Only problem was that halfway through, he figured out how to get out of the seatbelt, so I ended up pushing that massive cart around while chasing two runoff kids. Thursday night Blake had T-Ball. It is going well. He stays where he's supposed to when he's in the outfield (for the most part) and takes his turn at the bat. His biggest problem is understanding the bases. Where to run next and when. Overall he did great.

Today-The boys and I are staying inside today. It is rainy and gloomy out. Tonight, I am going with my sister Kelly and my nephew Kyle to Chicago to Rush Medical Center for the drug trial Kyle is participating in.

2 comments:

theotherlion said...

We have that issue with the car carts as well. The grocery store by us just got carts that have steering wheels up top. Punkin fits, thank goodness! But I don't know how many times I've yelled, "SIT DOWN! GET BACK IN THE CART!"

Lisa said...

It sounds like a crazy week at your house. My kids always want the massive shopping cart too, and get out when I still have half my shopping to do.
I hope you can have some fun in Chicago while you are there for your sister and nephew!